Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Addicted to exercise.

I used to walk 10 miles a day. At a leisurely pace. Generally, a 17-minute mile. But for the past two weeks, I've changed my routine. To 6 miles. But I speed it up a bit. A combination of brisk walking and slow jogging. Typically a mile in 13 to 14 minutes. The six miles at a faster pace seems to have more aerobic benefits than the slower 10 miles. I also used to eat my supper quite late. Like between 10 p.m. and midnight. Not a good idea. Eating so close to bedtime. Now I'm more likely to sit down at the dinner table between 6 and 8 p.m. It's getting results. I'm losing about 2 pounds a week. Or about 4 pounds since I started the new regimen. I'm not heavy. Just 174 pounds. And I'm almost 6 feet tall. I'd like to level off at 168. I've been addicted to exercise for a long, long time. I started working out on a daily basis around 1970. --Jim Broede

No comments: