Tuesday, September 2, 2008

To pursue love, love, love.

I seldom make lists any more. Years ago, I used to start the day by making a long list of things to try to accomplish. And tell you what. It tended to overwhelm me. I was reminding myself that I had too many things to do. So now, when I get up in the morning, I think of two or three things I might like to do, or want to do. Don't need a list to remember so few things. Then I just focus on one thing at a time. I don't become obsessed over things I don't get done. Because I don't have a list. What gets done, gets done. And what doesn't, doesn't. So simple. Lately, I've been thinking about washing the windows and sliding glass doors in the house. So, I do one at a time. Leisurely. Hardly ever more than one in a day. And often I skip a day or two. No sweat. Instead, I'll spend several hours a day on a computer/video camera/audio hook up with my love. In other words, on the most important thing in my life. I know my priorities. The top one is the same virtually every day. To pursue love, love, love. --Jim Broede

No comments: