Friday, September 26, 2008

I don't want an old president.

In the debate tonight. I thought Barack Obama showed far more respect for John McCain, than McCain showed for him. Obama looked at McCain. Often. And occasionally told McCain that he agreed with him. Obama is courteous. Polite. Yes, he shows respect for his opponent. Albeit, he does take issue with him. McCain tends to disparage Obama. Tells him he's naive. And that he doesn't get it. Sort of condescending. And he hardly ever looked at Obama. I find it compelling when someone says something nice to and about his opponent. Anyway, maybe it's the age difference. McCain is about the same age as me. We're a generation older than Obama. I guess I'm drawn to Obama because he has young ideas. And because I think he's kinder and nicer than McCain. McCain, unfortunately, has become old before his time. I don't want an old president. --Jim Broede

No comments: