Friday, September 26, 2008

The surreal.

I think life is surreal. Like living in a dream. Some may say a nightmare. But it seems to me I have a choice. If I'm positive, I interpret what's happening to me and around me as a dream. If I'm negative, it's a nightmare. Yes, sort of like choosing whether one wants to live in heaven or hell. We're given freedom of choice. I choose to love life. Even when so-called bad things happen. Like the death of my longtime loved one -- Jeanne, almost two years ago. Some good has come of it. I've gotten on with life. And I'm in love again. With someone. And with my lot in life. Because I've learned to live one day at a time.To not get ahead of myself, or behind myself. I live in the now. I try to savor this moment. Writing at my computer. Thinking. Fully knowing and appreciating that I am in love. Maybe there's nothing more satisfying and pleasureable in life than being in love. If there is, I haven't found it yet. Love makes me happy. And I'm convinced that life is supposed to be the pursuit of happiness. Some might even call it the pursuit of peace of mind. Or the spiritual. The surreal. --Jim Broede

No comments: