Friday, September 5, 2008

...the racial divide in America.

I'm sensing a deeply entrenched racist element in America. Oh, maybe it's only 1 in 10 people who are overtly racists in their souls. But that could be troubling for Barack Obama. Maybe it could even cost him the presidency. And my greatest fear is that it's even more than 1 in 10 Americans. Maybe 1 in 5. If that's the case, Obama's chances of getting to the White House are nil. Imagine that. What if 1 in 5 people wouldn't vote for Obama just because he's black? Oh, it's nice that Obama got nominated by the Democrats. A sign that America is moving in the right direction to ultimately achieve racial equality. But hey, now we're talking about a vote by the entire nation, not just the Democrats. Some of my brothers tell me that Americans aren't nearly as racist as I portray them. I hope they are right, and that I am wrong. I'm usually an optimist. Even a pollyanna. Except when it comes to what I perceive as the racial divide in America. --Jim Broede

No comments: