Wednesday, September 3, 2008

...the wonders of love.

I keep wondering why politicians have to keep insulting each other. Why they can't be nice. And polite. And just disagree on issues. Rather than take potshots at each other. All the nastiness. I tune in the political conventions and the daily exchange of barbs between politicians, and it leaves me saddened, I guess. Maybe I'm caught up in it, too. I tend to counter nastiness with nastiness. Maybe that doesn't speak well for me. In a sense, nastiness breeds nastiness. I figure that if a politician is nasty, I have a right to treat him nasty, too. I'm listening to what politicians have to say to each other in the upcoming election. And often, all I hear are insults and disparaging remarks. Enough for me to turn off the TV or the radio or put down the newspaper. I know who I'm gonna vote for president. Nothing will change my mind. So maybe I should just ignore all the campaign rhetoric. All the speeches. All the news reports. And just bide my time thinking positive thoughts. Thinking about the wonders of love. --Jim Broede

No comments: