Sunday, September 7, 2008

...with positive thoughts.

I like to occupy my mind with positive thoughts. Especially when something negative happens to me or around me. It's a way for me to take control. To keep myself upbeat. I'm doing that now. Because something negative happened. Something that years ago might have made me distraught. And glum. But I've learned to not let that happen. Instead, I focus on the positives going on in my life. Many, many positives. And that dilutes the negatives -- so that they don't seem too negative. So here I am. Having a relatively happy day. In fact, a day with some joyous moments. Some folks might think that I'm a naysayer. Because I'm a bit critical of unhappy people. I tell some people who are depressed to look for silver linings. And that can be annoying, I know. But still, I persist. By talking positively. I try to console with positive thoughts. --Jim Broede

No comments: