Thursday, October 23, 2008

For that I am grateful.

If I weren't in love, I'd go crazy. That's my only salvation. Love. Yes, love diverts me from the annoying aspects of life. At the end of the day, when I reflect, before going to bed, I tell myself I'm one of the luckiest guys in the world. Because I am in love. With someone. And with life, generally. And it all comes down in the end to the good fortune of being in love. I could live under all sorts of hostile conditions and still be happy. As long as I have my love to fall back on. Love transcends everything. Politics. The economy. You name it. As long as I have love in my life, I'm all right. Love is my consolation. Really, it's my everything. Good health helps, too. To be able to feel good. Physically. Mentally. Emotionally. And living one day at a time, too. That way I don't worry so much about the future. I savor the moment. Knowing I love. And am loved. Today. For that I am grateful. --Jim Broede

No comments: