Wednesday, October 15, 2008

gawd forbid...a Republican.

I want you to know, folks, that I associate with Republicans. Even my daughter is a Republican. But that doesn't make me a Republican. I also know Christians, but that doesn't make me a Christian. And I've known felons, but that doesn't make me a criminal. Or I could have been acquainted with perceived political radicals, but that doesn't make me a communist. Yes, I don't want to be judged by the company I might keep. After all, I'm a curious fella. I like to associate with people who don't think like me. But I suppose that if I were running for president -- well, the likes of John McCain and Sarah Palin would take me to task. For not keeping proper company. They might label me a terrorist sympathizer or an advocate of liberation theology or a security risk or, gawd forbid, something even worse -- a Republican. --Jim Broede

No comments: