Saturday, October 4, 2008

How we choose our leaders.

Sarah Palin is being held to an extremely low standard. Some conservatives, for instance, are just happy that she didn't make s complete idiot of herself in the vice presidential debate with Joe Biden. Doesn't matter that she acted like an imbecile or a moron. In fact, that's really better than they expected. On that basis, it's concluded by at least a handful of happy conservatives that Palin did all right. Better than expected. And so, they'll vote for the John McCain-Palin ticket. In other words, in their opinion, Palin is qualified to some day be president of the USA because she isn't an idiot. Only an imbecile or moron. Yes, folks, this is what America has come to. This is how we choose our leaders. --Jim Broede

1 comment:

Broede's Broodings said...

I have to admit, it bothers my conscience sometimes to hurl insults at people. But I'm not bothered so much when I insult Sarah Palin and John McCain. That's because they are masters at insult politics. So, it's just a whole lot of fun trying to out-insult the master insulters. It becomes a game. That's the way politics work. I know it's stupid. But seems to me that's a requirement if one wants to be a politician. One must be stupid. So, if I am to understand what makes a politician tick, I must try to be stupid. So I'm trying. And believe me, this makes me feel stupid. Very stupid. As stupid as I can become. But it makes me feel like a politician. At least for a moment. Until I decide to become a decent and intelligent human being again. --Jim