Sunday, October 19, 2008

I wouldn't live in a castle.

I'm imagining today that I'm the king of the USA. Just for the fun of it. I'd pull our troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan. I'd reduce our defense budget to less than Sweden spends on defense. I'd bring about universal health care under a single payer system. I'd end corporate welfare. I'd raise taxes on the rich, mainly the millionaires and billionaires. I'd significantly narrow the gap between the rich and the poor. I'd undertake a massive program to improve the kingdom's infrastructure. I'd try to provide everyone the opportunity for a decent education. I'd expand the public parks. I'd be a big spender on the arts and cultural activities. I'd settle for a middle class income. I'd vacation in Italy. And I wouldn't live in a castle. --Jim Broede

No comments: