Thursday, October 23, 2008

It'll make me proud...

I see signs that America may be waking up. No, I'm not encouraged by the yard signs in my neighborhood. For McCain-Palin. That scares me. Instead, I'm focused on the opinion polls. Which show Obama-Biden with strong support nationally, and especially in the so-called battleground states. And the election less than two weeks away. Oh, I've never pulled so hard for the ouster of a Republican Administration. I'm really an independent. I'm a liberal. But I don't belong to any political party. Of course, it's no secret that this time around, I'm gonna vote for Obama. He's the first major party candidate to turn me on in a long, long time. Since John F. Kennedy in 1960. Yes, I'm disillusioned with political parties. But still, I'm encouraged by what I'm hearing from Obama. Sounds like a decent man. A courteous man. A man of ideas. A man of fairness. Yes, very intelligent. Very articulate. And just think, for a black man to become president of the USA. It'll make me, a white man, proud to say I'm an American. --Jim Broede

1 comment:

skericheri said...

Jim---The very things that you are focusing on are the things that I am afraid may cost Obama the election. The opinion polls.

I'm afraid that Obama supporters will become complacent and not bother to vote. Even you would probably admit that people might find it more tempting to go through the effort of casting a vote against someone than they would to vote for someone who they thought was going to get elected anyway.