Monday, October 20, 2008

Rob the poor. Give to the rich.

Yes, I understand why John McCain doesn't want the wealth spread around. Because McCain is wealthy. When you own 7 or 8 homes -- well, that's a sign of wealth. Hard enough these days for the middle class to own one home, let alone multiple homes. McCain even has difficulty keeping track of all his homes. His money, too. It's like me. With books. I have so many books, I can't keep count. Impossible. Same thing with music CDs. Can't even listen to 'em all. It'd take me years and years to play all the music on those recordings. Anyway, I'm not afraid to share my books and CDs. I give 'em away all the time. I believe in sharing my riches. I'm even willing to give away some of my money. In taxes. And to charitable causes. I don't complain. If anything, I probably don't give away enough. I really have more than I need. Anyway, it's a laugh that McCain fancies himself as a defender of the middle class. Guys like Joe the Plumber. Joe doesn't know it, I guess. But McCain would screw him. McCain believes in giving more and more to the rich. Thinking the money will trickle down to benefit Joe. Eventually. Won't happen. Joe even has a lien against his property. Poor Joe. His dream may stay a dream. And maybe that's what he deserves. After all, Joe has been duped. Like so many of the middle class. He's gonna vote for McCain. And that means more of the same. Rob the middle class and give to the rich. --Jim Broede

No comments: