Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Ah!!! Forever.

The older I get, the more I feel like I'm running out of time. When I was young, I thought that would be a terrible feeling. Even a scary feeling. But it isn't. Actually, it spurs me on. Makes me savor life. More than ever. The feeling is that I might as well take full advantage of whatever time is left. When I was young, I felt like I had lots of time. I could put things off until tomorrow. Well, I still put things off. But it's mostly the unimportant things. I pursue what I think is meaningful. Like a loving relationship, for instance. There's nothing more important in life than love. To love. And to be loved. And also to be able to express myself. In an honest and forthright and loving way. That's why I write every day. I record my thoughts. I remind myself that I am alive and conscious. I put my mind and body and emotions to work. In thoughtful and pleasurable and loving ways. Ah!!! Makes a guy want to live forever. --Jim Broede

No comments: