Sunday, November 16, 2008

...from bad springs good.

I listened to the first post-election interview of Barack Obama tonight, and came away with a nice feeling. That this guy may be the most intelligent president we've ever had. I mean, he's articulate. A good command of the English language. An intellectual. With ideas. Lots of ideas. And a political sense, too. Fair-minded. A very decent human being. He fortified my earlier impressions. And he makes me smile. To think that we Americans have elected such a talented man to succeed maybe the worst president we've ever had. Incredible. Such a turn-around. We Americans deserve Obama. I'd like to think we didn't deserve George Bush. Yet, he won two terms. And maybe there's something good to say about Bush. After all, his policies created such horrendous conditions in the USA that as a counter-balance it brought us Obama. Supports my premise that often from bad springs good. --Jim Broede

No comments: