Saturday, November 1, 2008

I think he's even stranger.

I talked to my neighbor tonight. About his political lawn signs. Must be 10 of 'em. All for Republicans. I told him I was gonna cancel his vote. That I wouldn't vote for a single Republican. The guy isn't rich. Probably makes far less than $250,000 a year. But he told me he won't vote for Obama because the Democrats will raise his taxes. I told him he'd probably get a tax cut under Obama. But he won't buy into that. He trusts what Republicans tell him more than what I do. And he also said that Obama is less experienced than McCain. Yes, I said, McCain has been in the Senate for 26 years. And in the last 8 years, he's voted with Bush 90 percent of the time. Guess that's what experience gets you. My neighbor would rather get a third term of Bush than a tax cut. Anyway, my neighbor thinks I'm a strange one. And I think he's even stranger. --Jim Broede

No comments: