Saturday, November 29, 2008

If the Bears lose, I'll go to bed.

During the football season, I follow only one team. The Chicago Bears. Yes, I'm a Bears fan. Not nearly as avid as I am with the Chicago Cubs. Baseball is my sport. I could live without football. But I grew up pulling for the two Chicago teams. And so I'm hooked. Much more so on the Cubs. It makes me feel good when the two Chicago teams win. I'm truly addicted to the Cubs. But it's a more casual addiction to the Bears. I couldn't even name all of the Bears' players. I know everybody on the Cubs' roster. The Bears weren't supposed to have a very good team this year. But turns out they are in a mediocre division with Minnesota, Green Bay and Detroit. And after 11 games, the Bears are tied for first place with Minnesota. With 6-5 records. And Sunday night the Bears and Minnesota Vikings play each other here in Minnesota. For sole possession of first, with 4 games left. I'm not gonna watch the televised game. Because I get too wrapped up in it, and annoyed if the Bears are losing. And I have better things to do. Such as house-cleaning chores and going for a walk. But I'll check the game's outcome shortly after it's over. And if the Bears win, I'll tune in Chicago and Twin Cities radio stations to hear post-game talk. The joy of Bears fans. And the laments of Vikings fans. But if the Bears lose, I'll go to bed. --Jim Broede

1 comment:

skericheri said...

Jim---I hope that you got some sleep last night. The game is not on until tonight (Sunday - 11/30)