Thursday, November 20, 2008

...when I grow up.

I've discovered what I really want to be when I grow up. A decent human being. I think there can be no higher calling. If I had a choice between the roles of god and human being, I'd take human being. A decent one. I could achieve peace of mind and heart and spirit that way. And a oneness with god. I'd have everything. Anyway, that's where I am headed. The longer I live, the more human I feel. I was created human. Now my life quest must be to become decent. I'm not exactly sure how to do that. But I think it has something to do with love. Yes, the pursuit of love. Or to put it another way, the pursuit of happiness. I'm beginning to think that love and happiness and decency are all one and the same. To achieve pure and unconditional love must be the ultimate act of decency. And that brings happiness. Yes, bliss. And a closeness to god. Nirvana. Valhalla. Paradise. --Jim Broede

No comments: