Monday, November 24, 2008

...and a love of winter.

I like the Russians. Always have. Even when they were communists. I think the Russians are decent people. I wish we had better relations with the Russians. George Bush, it seems to me, has treated the Russians rather arrogantly. Dismissively. As if they're inferiors. Isn't that ironic? Bush thinking he's better than the Russians. I have more faith in Putin and Medvedev than I have in Bush. I'd even trade Bush for a Cossack. Anyway, I hope Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton cultivate warm relations with the Russians. The Russians have a rich spiritual history. Some day, I want to visit there. Maybe St. Petersburg. And also onto Siberia. Which might remind me of Minnesota. I like people who relish winter. The bitter cold. The snow. Toughens one up. Yes, maybe George Bush would be a better human being if he spent a few years in Siberia. The Russians could teach him a thing or two. Like respect for the Russians and a love of winter. --Jim Broede

No comments: