Wednesday, December 17, 2008

...can't even see over 'em.

We've had only 2 or 3 inches of snow over the past day or two. But the snowdrifts are 2 feet high in the driveway. That's one of the nice sculptured creations of Mother Nature. Doesn't take that much snow for drifting. Wind. Wind. Wind. Yes, wind-whipped snow and we have snowdrifts. Sometimes, 5 or 6 or 7-feet high. Like mountainous waves in the sea. Only these waves are solid. They remain intact for a long time. Until they melt. Or until they are shoveled or plowed. Oh, snow can take so many forms. I've often awakened in the frosty morning to snow-covered trees. Glistening from the bright sunlight. Like a scene out of Dr. Zhivago. Anyway, today I changed the scene a little bit. Shoveled the snowdrifts. So I could get out of the driveway. I keep adding to the snowbanks along the way. Some winters, I can't even see over 'em. --Jim Broede

No comments: