Thursday, December 18, 2008

How I became me. Today's me.

I want to be me. Not anyone else. If I were someone else, I wouldn't have the same consciousness. I would be different. Oh, I'm not totally satisfied with me. I can be better. I can make improvements. But I want to do it within my being. I think I was born with a particular soul or spirit or consciousness. I don't want that taken away from me. And made something totally different. I don't want to be remade from scratch, so to speak. I recognize that I have shortcomings. And some talents, too. Some assets, let's say. I remember me, to some degree, when I was 5-years-old and in the kindergarten. I'm not that boy any more. But I have evolved from the consciousness that existed 68 years ago. I recognize that. I'm aware of it. I know that was me. At that time. I've expanded my consciousness since then. And I'm not sure where I'm headed. Could be that when I die I will no longer exist. Period. I may be totally unaware that I ever lived. But if I had a choice, I'd rather retain a consciousness, an awareness of my past. --Jim Broede

No comments: