Thursday, December 25, 2008

I felt hurried and harried.

I was dreaming this morning. Feeling a bit overwhelmed. As if I were meeting a deadline. And I wasn't doing a very good job of it. I was in a hurry. That makes me feel uncomfortable. Anything but relaxed. It was a relief to wake up. And know that it was only a dream. And I was able to tell myself I don't have to hurry through life. I can take my good-natured time. Especially now that I'm retired. I set my own schedule. But yesterday was Christmas Eve. And I had social obligations. And I couldn't do everything I wanted to do. And I found myself hurrying. From this place to that place. And I didn't have time for my usual routine. Like my 6-mile daily walk. Instead, I got in only 2 miles. And I had to do that at 10 in the evening after I got home. So, I guess I shouldn't be surprised that I had the dream. I felt hurried and harried yesterday. But now I'm slowing down. Consciously. I'm gonna walk at least 10 miles today. And at a leisurely pace. No hurry. --Jim Broede

No comments: