Wednesday, December 24, 2008

If I didn't think, I wouldn't be.

I think I'm becoming a thinker. Maybe a shallow thinker. But a thinker nevertheless. I like to spend much of my day thinking. About what I'm gonna think about. Kind of funny, isn't it? Today I'm thinking about Rodin's sculpture. The Thinker. I think that's what I'll do. Pose. Like a thinker. And see what thoughts come to mind. The more I think about it, the more I think I was put on Earth to think. Think about why I'm here. I think of myself as a romantic idealist, a free-thinker, a liberal and a lover. I think that's what I am. But can't be sure. Seems to me I change from day to day. Even from moment to moment. I think I can be lots of things. Fill lots of roles. Because I have an imagination. Maybe that's what thinking is. The exercise of the imagination. I think, therefore I am. If I didn't think, I wouldn't be. --Jim Broede

No comments: