Friday, December 26, 2008

Just imagine.

The imagination. Next to being in love. The imagination is the best thing to have, I suspect. Or maybe it's only third best. Good health. Maybe that's equally important. Combine those three ingredients, and it's a nice concoction. Makes life pretty wonderful. Enough to make one feel good. I'd hate to surrender any of these three things. It would make life less bearable. I know that the imagination can be positive or negative. I think I have a positive imagination. Maybe that's because love and good health have been factored in. But even when things occasionally go bad, I try to compensate. With my imagination. I'm often able to salvage good from bad. Some people occasionally tell me that's wrong. That bad is bad. I don't buy that. For instance, my Jeanne had a bad marriage. And it failed. But because Jeanne was divorced, she became available. I found her. And we had a happy marriage for almost 40 years. Until Jeanne died. Jeanne had Alzheimer's. And that was bad, too. But it also was an opportunity to solidify our love. To put love to the test. And I think we passed the test. That's good, or so I imagine. Because I'm happy at the moment. --Jim Broede

No comments: