Saturday, December 6, 2008

Makes me bold...or daring.

I watched a comedy skit tonight. On Barack Obama. Being so cool. It was funny. Anyway, his coolness may be one of his biggest strengths. Hard to faze the guy. I have to wonder how he cultivated such a cool demeanor. And whether underneath he's really that cool. Maybe it doesn't matter. Or does it? I suspect that many people fake their demeanor. They're actors. They play roles. But maybe if one acts the role often enough, one really becomes the act. One lives the role. Maybe that's what a good actor does. Becomes lost in the role. I once thought I was shy. But I learned to act bold. So now I really don't know whether I'm shy or bold. Maybe I'm a little bit of each. I have quite an imagination. So I can imagine a role. And how to play it. I think I could become a good stage actor. I once thought that would be impossible. Because I would suffer from stage fright. Because I was shy. But now I think I could take to the stage. Without fear. I suppose that makes me bold...or daring. --Jim Broede

No comments: