Saturday, December 20, 2008

...sanity and purpose to life.

I think the world has gone crazy. Or so it seems. At least, it's too confusing for me to figure out. Maybe that's reason for me to withdraw. Into my cocoon. For protection. That way, I can create my own little world, so to speak. Because if I peek outside, I'm confused. Oh, I try not to be terrified. Because I just don't understand what's happening. All the political and social and economic turmoil. I have theories about what's wrong. Mostly, that people are crazy. I try to convince myself that many of 'em are nice crazy. But then, I also see many, many who are dangerously crazy. Absolutely looney. They need to be locked up. But as long as they are on the loose -- well, I find protection in my cocoon. I make it sort of a fortress. I need time to try to figure it all out. Maybe never will. All I know is that over a lifetime I have been able to fall in love. Twice now, really. That's my link to the outer world. Maybe it's the only thing that makes me think that there's sanity and purpose to life. --Jim Broede

No comments: