Tuesday, December 23, 2008

So many different meanings.

When I am in a European country, or any place for that matter, I like to observe people. Out on the streets. Or sitting in a restaurant. Or at a museum. And I marvel at how we look so much alike. I mean the mix. Could be in Italy. Or Germany. Or France. And it almost seems as if I'm at home. Because these are pretty much the same faces I see at home. Oh, the setting is different. Usually, more Old World like. Makes me aware that I'm in a different place. And I suppose if I were in China or Indonesia, the majority of faces would be a bit different. But not that much. Because I still see those faces in America. But in lesser amounts. Of course, I'm also aware of the difference in language. And maybe that's what keeps us apart. We don't always speak each others' language. But then I find that's true in America, too. Even when we speak English to each other, we really aren't speaking the same language. So many different meanings. --Jim Broede

No comments: