Tuesday, December 23, 2008

...like being with god.

I think it's possible to stop time. More or less. I do it often. By reliving a precious moment. I savor the moment over and over and over. I may even put it into writing. Which makes it rather concrete. Sometimes, when I am living a moment to the fullest, I'd swear that time has stopped. Because I'm completely absorbed in the moment. Lost. Nothing else exists. Nothing else matters. It's a nice way to live. It would be wonderful if all of life were like that. Of course, it isn't. But the older I get, the more I'm able to capture the moment. Maybe it's a hypnotic state. Maybe I transcend my being, my physical existence, and arrive in another dimension. Something akin to the spiritual. Paradise. I suspect that god lives outside of time. Therefore, a timeless dimension must exist. And I'd like to think that we humans would have access to timelessness. If only we knew how to get there. Maybe it's impossible while we exist in the physical world. But I have a feeling that I am touching it from the outside. And if I ever get inside, it will be like being with god. --Jim Broede

No comments: