Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The ways people deal with life.

One of my nicest moments every day is to sit down and eat supper. Yes, a relaxing experience. I eat very little during the day. Just token amounts. I save the pleasure for the evening. As the day winds down. And I reflect on the day's most pleasant experiences. Always. I sleep well because I've ended the day well. Anyway, my salvation is exercise. If I didn't get my daily workouts, I'd turn into a blimp. Used to be when I ran instead of walked, I even became gaunt. Back in the early 70s. People thought I was ill. Albeit, I felt good. The assumption is that skinny people are sick. I've noticed that Barack Obama is slim and trim. Maybe because he keeps his cool. Isn't nervous. But he also works out. Plays basketball. A really nice aerobic exercise. But for a long time, Obama was a smoker. I think he has quit. I'm sure that takes willpower. Interesting. The many ways people deal with life. The tensions. The stress. I like Obama's approach...playing it cool. --Jim Broede

No comments: