Saturday, January 24, 2009

...close to everything I can get.

Since I really can't change the world, I guess I have to learn to accept it. And change what I can. Me. And I've discovered that I'm able to fall in love. Twice now. And that's phenomenal. That means I don't have to change the world. I can be happy and content, just by living in my cocoon. And being in love. Actually, that gives me a positive perspective on life. I'm beginning to think that was why I was born. To be a lover. Really, that gives me everything I need. Fulfillment. Sustenance. Happiness. I don't need a whole lot of material things. Enough to get by. With a bit of comfort. I don't need celebrity. Or fame. Oh, I suppose I want good health. And a reasonably long life. Yes, time to love. If I had a choice, I'd choose forever. Yes, if I had love and forever, that would be the ideal combination. I'd be in heaven. In paradise. But at least, I've had a taste of paradise. Because I'm in love. That's close to everything that I can get. --Jim Broede

No comments: