Saturday, January 17, 2009

Comprehending love.

I think I know how to comfort people. Really. Some ladies that read my blog don't think I do. They think I'm rather callous. Fact of the matter is, I reach some. Not others. Maybe because we don't speak the same language. I tend to tell people to quit feeling sorry for themselves. Yes, some ladies tell me that's not the right way. That it's cruel. Well, I think it's kind. And compassionate. Sometimes, the best course is to get over it. To get on with life. To renounce unhappiness. And to find happiness. To learn to live. Truly live. Rather than wallow in self pity. Oh, an occasional pity party is all right. But not one after another after another after another. Endlessly. Maybe it's a gender thing. Because I'm a man. Not a woman. And I often circulate in domains dominated by women. I like women. More than men. A woman is my conduit to the spiritual. To god. My entry way to Paradise. I think I understand why god created woman. So man could better comprehend love. The thing that makes Creation go round. --Jim Broede

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

jimbo, how about you remind us on what you have done to confort people. What you have written here in this posting is about 99% neg.

Broede's Broodings said...

The way you count, dear anonymous, is an example of negativity. You wouldn't know positivity if it hit you over the noggin. Laugh it up a bit, gal. And you'll begih to feel positive.--Jim

skericheri said...

Comfort, encouragement, and support are words that have different definitions. To me they have a common goal...Helping someone find the strength and courage to continue.

Jim---Since the night of my initial post to the Alz. Assoc. forum 3 years ago you have given me all 3. Over the years we successfully tackled several issues stemming from Charlie’s A/D and gradually our discussions branched into other matters. Sometimes we disagree. At times you have been right and I have been wrong...Never once did you withdraw your comfort, support, encouragement, and friendship or type the words: “I told you so”.

I am thankful that our forum is is dedicated to the concept of serving everyone and is run by the Alzheimer Association instead of the Anon56’s and some of the anonymous closed minded individuals posting here.

Broede's Broodings said...

You know, anonymous, you and I would make a great couple. I'm Jimbo and you're Bimbo. Is that why you don't use your real name? --Jimbo