Friday, January 9, 2009

I like all things Italian.

I've been corrupted. Albeit pleasantly. By a dear Italian friend. She's introduced me to espresso. Yes, coffee that I have long, long shunned. But hey, I'm open to new things, new tastes. Even at my ripe age. And I like it. Used to be that I rarely drank coffee of any kind. Only in a social way. After dining at a nice restaurant. But now I have espresso. Fairly often. I even have my own 2-cup espresso maker. Which I brought back with me from Italy. Espresso is served in tiny cups. And my friend often drinks her espresso in one swig, one gulp. Sort of like a drunk would do with a shot of whiskey. I'm still not up to the rapid pace of a seasoned espresso drinker. I sip away. Slowly. Gently. Savoring every drop. But give me time. Some day, I may be mistaken for an Italian. I'm really well on my way. I like all things Italian. --Jim Broede

No comments: