Saturday, January 10, 2009

The rest of us are going to hell.

As I see it, a conservative is cocksure. Has absolutely no doubt. A liberal, meanwhile, admits that he could be wrong. Allows for some doubt. That's one reason why I'm a liberal. I'll admit that I could be wrong. That generally leaves room for negotiation. Because a liberal keeps an open mind. He'll listen. My position on issues will change. As I learn more. I don't know it all. Albeit, I may sound like I do on occasion. But I'll be the first to concede that I make mistakes. And when I'm wrong, I try to correct the error of my way. I suspect it's a lot easier living with a liberal than with a conservative. George Bush is a conservative. He never admits that he's wrong. He's bull-headed. He can start an ungawdly war. And see thousands of people killed and mutilated and crippled. Including many women and children. Civilians. Yet, I don't think Bush has any difficulty sleeping. Because he's convinced that he did the right thing. A liberal would be in anguish if he did everything Bush did. But Bush can live with himself because he's a conservative Christian. He's done the Lord's bidding. In good conscience. His motives were pure. Christian. George Bush was on the side of good. He'll be saved. Because he's a Christian. The rest of us, liberals such as me, are going to hell. --Jim Broede

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You don't even know the difference between a conservative and a liberal. Get your labels straight.

Broede's Broodings said...

I reserve the right, anonymous, to define my terms any way I want to. From my perspective. Conservatives are closed-minded. Liberals are open-minded. George Bush is closed-minded. Barack Obama is open-minded. --Jim