Sunday, January 25, 2009

A simple trick...

Maybe time is an illusion. Gives me the opportunity to relive my life. I sometimes have the feeling that I've lived this life before. Exactly this way. Repeatedly. And now I've been given the opportunity to review my life. By living it again. With events separated by time. Could be I lived it all at once. Outside of time. But time gives me more opportunity to understand what I've lived. And maybe that's why I keep coming back to this life. So that when I return to timelessness, I know I've experienced the same life over and over. Gives me the opportunity to get it right. Outside of time. Could be that time is no more than a figment of our imaginations. A way to get outside of timelessness. Time can be bent in so many ways. Einstein, for instance, theorized that if we can achieve speeds far faster than light, we can leave Earth for a few years, and return after centuries have passed on Earth. But we wouldn't have aged more than a few years. Sounds incredible. But that's what time is. Incredible. It's an illusionary invention. I suspect we can travel at speeds many times faster than light. Merely by taking another life form. A spirit. Making transmigration of souls possible. I could end up in another corner of creation, in an entirely different dimension, in an instant. Because I would be outside of time. Here on Earth, I'm locked inside my physical being. Which also could be an illusion. A simple trick to enter into time. Into measured space. --Jim Broede

No comments: