Tuesday, March 10, 2009

...the complexities of life.

In a real meaningful sense, virtually everyone is my teacher. Even people who don't treat me nicely. They teach me tolerance. The art of understanding, too. And how to turn the other cheek. Yes, to be relatively nice to people who don't necessarily return the favor. Try it sometime. When someone is nasty to you, return it with an act of kindness. Often, it works. Initially, it takes one by surprise. And that causes one to think. Now, what's this guy up to? Maybe it's just that I'm trying to get you to consider that I ain't such a bad guy. I find that animosity oftren breeds animosity. Things go from bad to worse. Well, my aim is to make things go from bad to a little bit better. To move things in the right direction. And eventually the situation may become a whole lot better. The best achievement of all is to turn a hostile enemy into a friend. It happens. I can cite many instances. Often, all it takes is to learn to listen to each other. And to grasp the true meaning of the spoken and written word. The true intent. Too easy to misuse language. Anyway, I'm learning all the time. Learning how little I don't know. But that makes me want to learn more. For everything I learn, maybe I learn 10 more things that I don't know. One might say that's self-defeating. But it turns me on. Makes me more aware of the complexities of life. --Jim Broede

No comments: