Friday, March 6, 2009

I ain't ever infuriated.

I'm told that I have a knack for infuriating some people. But really, it's not me. It's just that some people get infuriated too easily. Because they want to be infuriated. They'll find any kind of excuse to become infuriated. Personally, I find it very difficult to become infuriated. Because I'm a rather tolerant fella. I like different points of view. Varied opinions. I can listen to virtually anyone. And not become infuriated. Maybe it's because I truly listen. I may disagree with the opinion. But I accept every one's right to an opinion. And it doesn't have to be like mine. I may counter with my opinion. And I guess that's what infuirates some folks. They think I'm not entitled to my opinion. And that I have a lot of gall for expressing it. I find that terribly funny. But not infuriating. I may think I'm right, and that others are wrong. But others often think they are right and that I am wrong. That's perfectly natural, it seems to me. But it would feel very unnatural if I became infuriated over something as trivial as an opinion. --Jim Broede

No comments: