Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I insist on living in Paradise.

I like living. One day at a time. It would have been nice to discover the secret of happiness sooner. Yes, savoring every day. Finding something nice to dwell on. Now. Not tomorrow or next week. But today. At this moment. Oh, sure. Things still go wrong. I get upset. Annoyed. Feel out of sorts. But not for long. Because I get back on track again. That's my mission in life. To stay on track. In the groove. I'm focused. On living. Getting to the point. With words. But few words. Short sentences. I'm ending my stay in Arizona. I've been here a little over two weeks. This is my last full day. I fly home Thursday. I've heard reports that spring has arrived in Minnesota. A balmy 60 degrees. Of course, it's almost 90 here today. But I'll take 60. In fact, I'll take whatever comes. Even zero. And lots of snow. I'll make the best of it. The best of the moment. Seems to me that I've discovered Paradise. Doesn't matter where I'm at. Because I insist on living in Paradise. Daily. --Jim Broede

No comments: