Friday, March 13, 2009

So that I can sleep at night.

I feel a little bit guilty sometimes. In that I live relatively well. I indulge myself in so many ways. At the same time that others are in desperate need of so much. I sort of close my eyes and my mind to it. Yes, that's another way I indulge myself. By blocking things out. I see horrid news. And I try not to read about it. It's so depressing. And I don't want to be depressed. So I go to a ball game. Or a concert. Or a nice dinner. I treat myself nicely. I spoil myself. I'm not a saint. That's for sure. I try to be a nice guy. But I'm not nice enough. I could do more to help other people. I do token amounts. I'm out to enjoy life. To be happy. And in the process, I block out so much of the world. The horrid amd upsetting parts. So that I can sleep at night. --Jim Broede

No comments: