Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Enjoying life more than ever.

Lots of people would like to be young again. But not me. I'd rather be the me I am today at 73 than the me I was at 19. It's nice to have life experience. Makes me more whole. More with it. At 19, I would have been incapable of writing a love letter every night. I had not yet come close to grasping the concept of love. At 19, I was a political conservative. Very ignorant. Now I'm a liberal. In my younger days, I was a Christian. Now I'm a free-thinker. I'm much more independent today. Outspoken. Opinionated, to some extent. When I was young, I spent lots of time thinking about the future. Now I live pretty much one day at a time. Savoring many moments, each day. Of course, at 19, it's more likely that I had lived only a relatively small fraction of my life. Now, I have only a relatively small fraction left. But I'm enjoying life more than ever. --Jim Broede

No comments: