Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Americans are waking up.

Seems strange. I like the president of the United States. It's been such a long time since I could say that. Doesn't mean I like everything proposed by Barack Obama. But I trust the guy. He's intelligent. Seems honest and forthright. Open-minded. A good listener. Very articulate. And the polls show that he's popular. So many Americans and I see eye to eye when it comes to Obama. We like him. Admire him. Makes me in step with current political thinking. Of course, I'm happy to be rid of George Bush. In so many ways, he's just the opposite of Obama. His politics were rather stifling. Seems to me his policies and those of conservative Republicans triggered our economic crisis. They are still dragging their feet. Thankfully, they're in the minority. But still, they'd love to see Obama and the Democrats fail. Even if that meant hardship for most Americans. Because they want a situation that allows the rich to become richer, even at the expense of the lower and middle classes. Fortunately, Americans are waking up. They want policies that favor the common good. A narrowing of the gap between the rich and the poor. --Jim Broede

No comments: