Thursday, April 2, 2009

Just as seriously as George Bush.

Life is funny. Really. But often, people don't laugh enough. They refuse to see the funny side of life. Maybe that's another reason they go into depression. They're far too serious. Maybe that's why I've managed to stay out of depression. When I start to take myself too seriously, I begin to laugh. Because it's comical. I spout off. Right here. And sometimes, I sound as if I'm serious. I think that's hilarious. It's all right to take me both ways. When I'm funny, to take me seriously. And when I'm serious, to laugh. There'a a pardox here. I like to make jokes at funerals. Because that's a time to lighten up. And as you know, I'm no George Bush fan. But I have to admit that he was one of the funniest presidents we've ever had. That was his saving grace. When Bush was his most serious self, he was utterly laughable. Yes, Bush may go down as the worst president we've ever had. But let's give him credit for being a natural born stand-up comic. I should know. I'm a comedian, too. When I take myself just as seriously as George Bush. --Jim Broede

No comments: