Thursday, April 9, 2009

...time to smell the daisies.

I like to guard against overload. Trying to do too much. Because I know my limits. If I take on too many projects, I may screw up. Make mistakes. Blunders. I remember when I was a 24/7 care-giver for dear Jeanne. I was spread too thin. Didn't do me any good, Didn't do Jeanne any good. But when Jeanne went into the nursing home, I became an 8-10 hour a day care-giver. That I could handle. It wasn't too much. I benefited. Jeanne benefited. I see so many people who try to do too much. Maybe their mission is to become saints. Ain't gonna happen. Even when I was working full-time as a writer, I too often took on too many assignments. I tried to write too many stories. Could be that affected the quality of some stories. Negatively. Yes, there's such a thing as trying to live life too fast. But I've learned. Now I tend to err in favor of going a little too slow. Yes, I like living in slow motion. So I have time to smell the daisies. --Jim Broede

No comments: