Friday, May 22, 2009

I'm a close personal friend of god.

Hard for me sometimes to tell the difference between a Democrat and a Republican. I suppose there's a degree or two of separation. I'm a little more comfortable with a Democrat than a Republican. I'm really independent. But if I have to choose, I'll take a 'liberal' Democrat. That doesn't mean they are liberals. They're still to the far right of me. But they're to the left of a Republican. I'm right-handed, but I lean to the far left on political and social and economic issues. Spiritual issues, too. I'm really very pro-American. But I don't mind being called un-American by a conservative Republican. I wear that 'un-American' label as a badge of honor. Because I wouldn't want to be pro-American by a conservative's definition. I'm for America surrendering some of its sovereignty. To the United Nations. And to a World Court. I'd love to see George Bush, Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld go on trial before the World Court -- for war crimes. The more I travel and become acquainted with other parts of the world, the more I think of myself as a citizen of Mother Earth. And when I think spiritual thoughts, I consider myself a citizen of the cosmos. The USA is a mere speck in all of creation. I like to think big. As if I'm a close personal friend of god. --Jim Broede

No comments: