Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I've had time to mature.

I'm not sure that I think of myself as 73. In some ways, I feel much younger. But the fact that I've reached this age -- well, that seems like a marvel. Years and years ago, I thought of 73 as very old. But hey, here I am still walking 6 to 10 miles daily. Doing physical labor. Writing, writing and writing. Falling in love. Travelling all over the world. And learning more and more about the wonders of life. Of course, I know that tomorrow isn't guaranteed. Especially as I get older. But then, tomorrow wasn't guaranteed when I was a young man either. But unlike when I was young, I've finally learned to live one day at a time. And to savor life's daily experiences. It's nice that I've lived long enough to retire. And to do pretty much as I want. Which keeps me busy. But exuberantly happy. And as advertised in this blog, I've matured into a romantic idealist, a free-thinker, a liberal and a lover. --Jim Broede

No comments: