Saturday, May 9, 2009

Makes me a romantic idealist.

I'd not want to live in a castle. That would be a little too pretentious. But last week, I was living across the road from the Eileen Donan Castle near the village of Dornie in the western Highlands of Scotland. Indeed, I could take that. For a long time. Albeit, I was there for only a day or so. Residing in a nice bed and breakfast guest house. And I felt a little as if I was living in 1220, the year the castle was built. Named after St. Donan, a Celtic saint martyred in the Dark Ages. The original castle was built for Alexander II as a defense against the Vikings. Anyway, I have learned to live, if not in a castle, in Paradise. And in love. The two go together. And it makes me believe that I'm being guided by the spirits. To places where I belong. And across the paths of people I'm supposed to meet. Makes me a romantic idealist, doesn't it? --Jim Broede

No comments: