Friday, May 15, 2009

Maybe it's in the genes.

The nice thing is that an idiot usually can be outmaneuvered. That's another reason not to allow an idiot to make one angry or upset. Even if it's only a handful of people that put up resistance to an idiot, that's still resistance. And significant resistance. Many of us know how to get around the rules. To disobey an idiot's edicts when he's in a position of authority. Actually, one can get much pleasure from this. I worked for an idiot editor once. At first, I got upset. But when I thought about it, I had many ways of countering him. Of doing things my way. And eventually I won the battle. The war, so to speak. We have to learn to deal with the idiots of this world. We can't let them win. And we lose if we become excessively angry or upset. We have to remain calm, cool and collected. And act like intelligent people. Not like idiots. We must not let idiots make us idiots. Unfortunately, many, many people acquiesce. They follow an idiot in lock step. And become idiots themselves. It happens all the time. In politics. In social situations. In every-day life. There is a proclivity for the human race to become idiots. Maybe it's in the genes. --Jim Broede

1 comment:

Broede's Broodings said...

By the way, examples of 'idiots' might include Adolph Hitler, Rush Limberger (aka Limbaugh), members of the Ku Klux Klan, many of the Fox News people, and maybe even me in my more extreme moments. --Jim