Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Only one love at a time.

I'm a lover. And so is Ruaridh MacAlister, a Scotsman. But we're different kinds of lovers. I can love only one woman at a time. Ruaridh plays the field. Picture Ruaridh walking down the street. A woman on each arm. And maybe a woman traipsing behind. Ruaridh draws women from all around. Every woman is a conquest. He's a Don Juan, so to speak. He doesn't hesitate to tell a woman, "You're beautiful." And he reels them in. Right and left. And he makes love. Physical love. It's genuine. But very physical. And there's something to be said for that. But I like a love that runs far, far more deeper. Into the spirit. Into the soul. Focused on one. Not on the many. And love-making takes a long, long time. Getting to know someone. One. Ever so gradually. I understand where Ruaridh is coming from. That's his way. Right for him. Makes him feel like a true lover. But I couldn't handle Ruaridh's way. I need my own way. I'm a one-woman man. Always have been. Always will be. Ruaridh can make a conquest in a few days. Maybe overnight. I can't. I won't. Once thought all I would have was one love in a lifetime. That would be sufficient. But now, maybe it's two. Yes, two in a lifetime. Because I never want to give up on love. I never want to retire from love. I want to love forever. Or for as long as I'm alive and able. But only one love at a time. --Jim Broede

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Jim,
Nice to read your blogg, I really dont know what to say about your opinion regarding me, one girl would be perfect if only i could find the right one, thanks. glad to see your home safe and sound anyway. as always i'm up to my neck in work at the moment so i'll wright longer very soon. It was really nice meeting you and your girl. Talk soon, Ruaridh MacAlister.

Broede's Broodings said...

I like it, Ruaridh, that you don't know what to say. Probably means you'll take time to think about it. --Jim

Anonymous said...

Hi Jim,

Ruaridh here. You will be pleased to hear that I have found the woman of my dreams and I am extremely happy. It's now one year in and I'm engaged and genuinley over the moon. We are both very happy. Nicola my partner is slightly un-nerved by your blogg that keeps appearing on google when my name is searched, thought you might want to put a good word in for me.

Kindest regards,
Ruaridh