Thursday, June 11, 2009

The concept of love.

We’re supposed to enjoy life, aren’t we? No matter our circumstances. And how do we do that? We each have to ask ourselves that question. And come up with a suitable answer. For me, it’s to fall in love. With somebody. Or something. That’s when I’m most at peace. And happy. Maybe initially I didn’t consciously recognize that I was in love. When I was young. Because I was in love with writing. And with thought. Not the usual romantic kind of love. Fact of the matter, love can be pursued in so many ways. Intellectually. Emotionally. One evolves. Begins to understand the nature of love. It starts out shallow. On the surface. And then it slowly penetrates/permeates one’s being. Maybe as a youngster I thought of love as a sissy kind of thing. The thing is, I had a misconception of love. I had no idea what it was. Because I had not yet experienced enough of life. Maybe I’ll never understand love. Because there’s always something more to learn. I just sense that I’m in love. And that it’s difficult to define. Almost as difficult as defining god. I have a notion that love and god are one and the same. Abstract, in a sense. But so very real. It’s something I have to do. To feel alive. I have to believe in god. And in love. I want to. I have to. I think I was created to be a lover. That’s my mission in life. And it’s a constant learning process. That’s why I have been granted consciousness. Life. The ability to think. So that I can begin to grasp the concept of love. –Jim Broede

No comments: