Thursday, June 11, 2009

What's important in life...and isn't.

I'm trying to set a good example. By staying a nice guy. And by not becoming ornery if things don't go the way I want 'em to go. To take life pretty much as it comes. And I didn't do that 20 years ago. Twenty years ago I would have become ornery instead of my happy self if the Cubs lost two games in a row the way they have done in the last 2 days. They lost 2-1 last night. And again, 2-1, in 13 innings today. But now I take little things in stride. And that's all it is. A little thing. Because I keep psychoanalyzing myself. And I've learned that things that used to get me upset are little things. Often, things over which I have no control. Or that I can't change. Instead, I focus on what's going right in my life. I remind myself that I'm in love. And so I have reason to be thankful. Grateful. And I feel blessed. For this day. I guess I finally know what's important in life...and isn't. --Jim Broede

No comments: