Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I have better things to do.

Maybe it's time for me to abandon the Chicago Cubs. To become less than a loyal, devoted fan. Because I want them to play mindful baseball. And they insist on playing stupid baseball. I don't dispute that the Cubs have talented baseball players. But generally, they don't play smart baseball. They don't get their heads into the game. Of course, that's from my perspective. I could be wrong. The game today. With the Chicago White Sox. It's an example of the entire season. The Cubs had runners on first and second and nobody out in the second inning. And failed to score. In the fourth inning, again, runners on first and third and nobody out. They don't score. Little wonder that the Cubs are second from last this season in runs scored. So many missed opportunities. Because of stupid play. Stupid at-bats. Last season, they led the league in scoring. It's pretty much the same team. But last year, they played smart, team baseball. They had their heads together. In the game. Now they play like idiots. They seem to ignore the mindful aspects of baseball. They disrespect the game. Anyway, after listening to the first four innings of today's game, I decided to turn it off. To renounce the Cubs. If not forever, at least for the rest of the day. I have better things to do. --Jim Broede

No comments: